1) As we have personal information on our site, you must be approved to be a member of the group before you can view our calendar.
2) In applying to become a member of Club Mom, we would like to know a little bit about you, what you are looking to get out of our group and if you can be an active participant.
3) In order to maintain the close-knit feel of our group, our membership is limited to approximately 30 active members . We consider you active when you attend at least THREE (3) events per month and host at least ONE (1) event every two months. This allows each member to contribute their ideas for fun activities and keeps the calendar diverse. A successful Meetup group is the result of MANY members, not just a handful of organizers.
4) Members are strongly encouraged to participate regularly in discussions on the message board. We ask that you please be respectful in your posts as any posts that are offensive or derogatory in nature are subject to removal. The message board is a great place for us to catch up with each other between events. This is also a great venue to congratulate new members, new babies and accomplishments. We request that all members respond to these special circumstances as it is important to recognize/acknowledge each other.
5) No lurking please. All new members have 15 days from the time they join to attend an event . We want to know the members of our group. We do not want "strangers" lurking in the background to read our messages and have access to personal information. If you are not able to come to an event within 15 days of joining our group, you will be contacted to find out if you are still interested in the group.
6) We ask all members to post a picture of themselves so that we know that you are actually a mom and we can identify you at the different meetups. When we meet in public places it can be especially difficult to pick out our fellow moms from the crowd. For this reason, if you have RSVP'd "yes" for an event, take a peek at the pictures of the other moms attending. We also request that you update pictures and your descriptions on an annual basis.
7) Please only RSVP "yes" for events if you are sure you can attend. A "yes" RSVP should be treated like any other commitment you would make. It is very disappointing to attend an event that had 12 "yes" RSVP's only to see a few actually show up. So as a courtesy for the rest of the group, please change your RSVP with at least 24 hours’ notice . We understand that emergencies arise and we sometimes have to change an RSVP at the last minute, but please refrain from doing so just to 'get caught up on housework'.
- Some of our events are limited numbers and do not allow for a wait list. Please do not "reserve" a spot by responding "yes" unless you are fully committed to attending the event.
- If you cancel on the day of the event, it is expected that you call the host (not email or Facebook) to let them know that you will not be in attendance. Contact information is listed under the MORE tab.
8) Please look at the calendar on a weekly basis and RSVP 'yes' OR 'no' to EACH event so that we have an idea of what events we should continue to schedule. Provide a reason if you RSVP ‘no’ (i.e. my child is too young for Bounce-U) so we can continue to offer a variety of events for all ages and interests.
9) After the event, please rate the activity so that we can ascertain if it was successful and if it is an event to be repeated. This is also an opportunity to thank the host for their efforts. Please be aware that this is a public forum, so please use decorum when responding. If you had a bad experience, please contact the Organizer.
10) NO SHOWS: Club Mom has a new "no show" policy that allows members to "no show" (RSVP YES to an event but not attend) up to 2 times. On the 3rd "no show," the member will be removed from the Club.
- When a member doesn't show, they could possibly take the spot away from another member who was interested in going (because the attendee list was full). It also is to respect the establishment or the host who is offering their home for an event. They prepare for a specific number of RSVPs and it is very disappointing when someone just doesn't show up.
- Please be cognizant of your RSVP's and consider how you would feel if you were in another's shoes. It's only courteous to the fellow members of the Club and to the organizer of the event.
11) Please note that MNO (Moms Night Out) is designated as just that ... a Moms Night Out. Please refrain from bringing children of any age to these events. We appreciate the needs of our children, especially infants who are nursing, however, many of our moms look forward to quiet and uninterrupted mom time. This is their chance to escape and many go through hoops to set up childcare so they can get away from it all.
12) We request an annual fee to become a member of Club Mom. We use this money to supplement the cost of events as well as pay for our meetup.com site. We request $25 per year for participation and the dues are non-refundable. Cash or check (made payable to the current group’s Organizer) is to be provided with 15 days of acceptance as a member of Club Mom.
13) Sickness Policy: As with any group involving children, we must be considerate of others when it comes to sickness.
- If your child (regardless of age) has a temperature over 99 degrees, exhibits behavior changes or other signs that they don’t feel well (to include diarrhea, vomiting, pink eye, unexplained skin irritations/rash) - please keep your child home until his/her behavior returns to normal.
- As parents, use your best judgment in determining your child's health. Please take your child seriously when he/she says they are not feeling well. While we sympathize with each parent and their child, we must provide a healthy environment for the other children in the group.
We want all our members to be active at our events and be well received within our Club Mom family. Should you ever have questions, concerns, suggestions or have a special request/need…please do not hesitate to contact the Organizer.